Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Marlon Scrawndo's wheat-free dairy-free pancakes

I tried this recipe this afternoon when I rolled out of bed.

1 cup Gluten free flour (I used Red Mill but I'm sure others would work)
A sprinkle of xanthum gum powder
2 1/4 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 tbsp. Sweetener (honey, maple syrup, molasses, whatever)
1 cup Soy milk (or similar substance)
1 tsp. Vanilla extract

Heat the griddle medium heat on the stove. You may have to adjust
depending on your stove and the pan or griddle you use. Mix all the
dry ingredients together. Make a volcano to pour the milk in. Add the
vanilla and sweetener (if liquid) and stir that sucka up! It should be
runny but not soup. Pour some 3 inch flap-jacks on a freshly oiled pan.
Serves about four steamin' hot cakes.

2 comments:

  1. I made this with chocolate Oatly as the liquid. They were excellent! Thank you! we got about 8 pancakes, so I guess they were smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another variation is to add powdered cloves, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon for a chai flavored pancake. I just shook in what I thought was appropriate so I don't really have a specific measurement for each. Nutmeg and cloves pack the most punch so don't over do those ones. A couple shakes of each spice is probably good.

    ReplyDelete