Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Life in a Fairy Tale

Ever notice how a fiction book can be 99% fluff? Basically a 945 page fantasy novel could be summed up like this:
woke up-smells stale-iron bars-in jail-bar maid-brought key-poisoned guard-for me-left castle-rode horse-met gremlin-of course-fight ensued-and ended-gremlin's head-never mended-saw witch-ran away-don't need-death today-found sword-bear cave-magical power-it gave-druid appeared-very stoned-flapping robes-left alone-evil witch-appeared again-standing with-bearded friend-sword flashed-turned pale-world saved-fairy tale!
As you can see, I haven't read quality fiction in a while. So if anyone knows of a good book to read while I'm at school, let me know... back to slaying orcs and riding gryphons.

2 comments:

  1. "When we were Romans" Matthew Kneale. Haven't read it yet, but it sounds like a pretty good fiction book! I think you'd like? Apparently you'll like this book if you like "Curious Incident of the dog in the Nighttime"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'll have to look that up!

    ReplyDelete