Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I Inherited a Trumpet?

So I have an interesting story to share before I go to bed. I was in Victoria this weekend and I happened to enter a antique store. This one specializes in WWI and WWII artifacts. Some marching drums (see Coldplay's latest music videos) caught my eye, and since I am somewhat a collector of odd and interesting musical and percussion instruments, I inquired inside. Upon my announcement of my collection, I was presented with a broken trumpet. Engraved on the horn is "The Marine Band Model -B&J N.Y." I could not find an obvious date any where on the instrument. It is in very rough shape and it appears as if it was dropped from a ten story window. Two of the plunger things are seized and there are several dents. I am going to attempt to get it working and if I can't it shall become artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment